Principal Civil Engineer - Hamilton
Operating since 1973, BTW is an innovative, solutions-focused group of Planners, Surveyors, Engineers, Environmental Scientists, UAV pilots, 3D Scanning Specialists, and Land and GIS experts.
BTW’s staff of over 60 professionals are leaders in their fields with unparalleled experience on projects, both in New Zealand and overseas. BTW’s multidisciplinary teams operate from offices in New Plymouth and Hamilton.
We are looking for a Principal Civil Engineer who is innovative, wants to achieve, grow, and help lead our Civil Engineering Team based in our Hamilton office.
This is an impressive opportunity for you to be a core member of our Civil Engineering Team, which is led by our Director of Engineering who will empower you to develop yourself and your career.
We have several great projects lined up for 2019 and would like a Principal Civil Engineer who specialises and has strengths in either geotechnical, environmental, three waters and/or transportation/traffic to join us in 2019.
We need our Principal Civil Engineer to have the ability to undertake civil design, investigations, reports, and sketches to professional and relevant standards to existing and new clients while also guiding and supporting the junior members of our team. Additionally, the successful candidate will display strong technical leadership and will be able to perform technical reviews and be confident to sign off engineering documentation.
This is your chance to begin an exciting journey with BTW. You will become a core part of the overall team and you will be making history with BTW and will feel that your contribution makes a tangible difference.
As a Principal Civil Engineer at BTW Company you will:
- Provide engineering services to clients, using practical engineering solutions in a timely fashion. This often includes following the project from identification of issues to the construction of physical works remedies.
- Undertake civil design, investigations, reports, and sketches to professional and relevant standards.
- Perform technical reviews and sign off engineering documentation.
- Provide support to other aspects of the engineering team as workload dictates, including project management, contract documentation and supervision, and client liaison.
As a Principal Civil Engineer you will need:
- A Washington accord degree equivalent in Civil Engineering.
- At least 15 years’ experience post degree related to Civil engineering – with a significant amount gained in New Zealand.
- Strong knowledge of civil engineering – either geotechnical, environmental, three waters or transportation/traffic.
- Full membership of Charted Professional Engineer (CPEng) or the ability to gain it and be a member of IPENZ.
- Previous experience assisting and mentoring junior staff.
- Experience in overseeing projects.
- The ability to develop and sustain strong relationships with staff, customers, and contractors.
- To be motivated, professional, cooperative, and responsive to the needs of the team and clients.
BTW Company will offer you:
- Competitive remuneration, and paid overtime.
- A relocation package to move to Hamilton.
- Flexi-time which provides an excellent work-life balance, so you can enjoy what the Waikato has to offer.
- A fantastic employee-led Training and Development Programme.
- A comprehensive staff wellness policy.
- An engaging Leadership Team who will support and nurture your career.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience, please express your interest in the role by clicking ‘Apply Now’ and attaching a copy of your CV and covering letter.
This is an ongoing vacancy and suitable candidates will be contacted within 10 business days of their application.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please phone Ian Steele – Director Engineering on 0276 881 441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the legal right to work in New Zealand and hold New Zealand Citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.