Operating since 1973, BTW is an innovative, solutions-focused group of Surveyors, Planners, Engineers, Environmental Scientists, UAV pilots, 3D Scanning Specialists, and Land and GIS experts. BTW’s staff of over 65 professionals are leaders in their fields with unparalleled experience on projects, both in New Zealand and overseas. BTW’s multidisciplinary teams operate from offices in Hamilton and New Plymouth.
BTW Company (BTW) is looking to grow its Waikato Survey team and need additional Cadastral Surveyors in the Waikato. This is a great opportunity for you to be a core member of our Survey team, where you will have access to the latest surveying equipment and technology including 3D Laser Scanners, UAV’s, GNSS and Total Station equipment, and you will feel that your contribution makes a tangible difference.
We envision the successful candidate joining the team in early 2020 as we have numerous exciting projects lined up for the new year. The ideal candidate will have a strong NZ Cadastral Surveying background, preferably in excess of 10 years practical land surveying experience.
As a Cadastral Surveyor at BTW Company you will:
- Under the supervision and guidance of experienced licensed cadastral surveyors:
- Undertake and ensure that field and office-based survey work is performed to professional and relevant standards.
- Undertake and manage Cadastral Surveys; including, subdivisions, E-Survey calculations, information searching and survey processing, using practical and innovative surveying solutions in a timely fashion using the latest surveying equipment and technologies.
- Undertake Quality Assurance of scheme designs.
- Complete compliance certifications.
- Prepare resource consent applications, including the Assessment of Environmental Effects.
- Prepare planning/property assessments, including reviewing and reporting on development proposals.
- Assist with the maintenance and development of surveying procedures.
- Undertake Engineering design and construction observation (under the direction of a suitably qualified Engineer).
- Project manage subdivisions and other BTW projects.
- Assist with the development of junior surveying staff.
As a Cadastral Surveyor, you will need:
- In excess of 10 years’ experience related to Land Surveying.
- Diploma in Surveying or a Bachelor of Surveying degree (ideally)
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, 12D, e-surveys and dataset lodgement with LINZ.
- Experience overseeing projects.
- Familiarity with marketplace rules and regulations.
- Influencing and sustaining relationships with staff, customers and contractors.
- Good spoken English and ability to articulate issues and solutions
- Timeliness of deliverables.
- Active listening skills – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Critical thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
BTW Company will offer you:
- Competitive remuneration and paid overtime.
- Flexitime which provides an excellent work-life balance, so you can enjoy what the Waikato has to offer.
- A fantastic employee-led Training and Development Programme.
- An engaging Leadership Team who will support and nurture your career.
If this sounds like you, please express your interest in the role by clicking ‘Apply Now’ and attaching a copy of your CV and covering letter explaining what you could offer BTW Company as a Cadastral Surveyor.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position
This is an ongoing vacancy and suitable candidates will be contacted within 5 business days.