Operating since 1973, BTW is an innovative, solutions-focused group of Engineers, Planners, Surveyors, Environmental Scientists, UAV pilots, 3D Scanning Specialists, and Land and GIS experts. BTW’s staff of over 60 professionals are leaders in their fields with unparalleled experience on projects, both in New Zealand and overseas. BTW’s multidisciplinary teams operate from offices in New Plymouth and Hamilton.
We are looking to grow our Hamilton civil engineering team – this is the chance for you to begin an exciting journey with BTW Company as a Civil Designer. You will become a core part of the engineering team based in Hamilton and also work closely with our engineering team in New Plymouth. At BTW you will enjoy our flat structure and will feel that your contribution makes a tangible difference.
We have several great projects lined up for 2020 and would like to be able to have an experienced Civil Designer (Civil 3D) hit the ground running with us as soon as possible.
You will also:
- Provide engineering design/project delivery services to clients, using practical engineering solutions in a timely fashion. This often includes following the project from identification of issues through to construction of physical works remedies.
- Undertake other civil engineering work and assist others within the engineering team as workload dictates, including water, civil and structural works across all scopes including project management, contract documentation and supervision and client liaison.
You will need:
- Ideally a qualification in Civil engineering or similar
- Preferably in excess of 5 years’ experience with work related to civil design or civil engineering.
- A strong knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3D
- Experienced capability and knowledge of civil engineering
- Engineering design knowledge
- Good spoken English and ability to articulate issues and solutions
- Timeliness of deliverables
- Active listening skills – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Critical thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Competitive remuneration, and paid overtime.
- Flexi-time which provides an excellent work-life balance, so you can enjoy what New Zealand has to offer.
- A fantastic employee-led Training and Development Programme.
- An engaging Leadership Team who will support and nurture your career.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
If this sounds like you, please express your interest in the role by clicking ‘Apply Now’ and attaching a copy of your CV and covering letter.
This is an ongoing vacancy and suitable candidates will be contacted within 10 business days.
Should you wish to have a confidential discussion about this role please contact our Director of Engineering – Ian Steele on 027 688 1441