Is Leadership and Environmental Science your thing?
Do you have the experience, expertise and drive to inspire, grow and lead a close-knit team of Scientists?
BTW Company has a rare opportunity for a talented Environmental Science Team Leader to join our team in Hamilton to focus on leadership, strategy, project management and business development.
Operating since 1973, BTW is an innovative, solutions-focused group of Environmental Scientists, Planners, Surveyors, Engineers, UAV pilots, 3D Scanning Specialists, and Land and GIS experts. BTW’s staff of over 60 professionals are leaders in their fields with unparalleled experience on projects, both in New Zealand and overseas. BTW’s multidisciplinary teams operate from offices in New Plymouth and Hamilton.
We have numerous exciting projects lined up for the new year, and are looking for an Environmental Science Team Leader to join our team. Preferably the role will also support, guide and mentor junior and intermediate members of the Waikato Environment team. In this role, you will become a core member of the BTW Team, you will literally be helping to shape the future landscape of New Zealand and shape the lives of those in your team. You will feel that your contribution makes a tangible difference.
You will also:
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Waikato Environment Team.
- Undertake and ensure that work is performed professionally and to the highest standards.
- Develop marketing initiatives, including advertising and promotion, for new business growth.
- Identify and implement business development opportunities for the company to continue to grow in the Waikato.
- Be responsible for the successful financial management of the Waikato Environment Team and its contribution to the overall commercial success of BTW Company.
- Develop, implement and maintain strategic business and marketing plans.
You will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Ideally 7 or more years’ experience related to Environmental Science
- Preferably experience in Contaminated Land, Surface and Groundwater investigations or Ecology.
- Preferably experience as a manager or supervisor of junior and intermediate environmental science staff but with the right skillset and attitude not essential
- Familiarity with marketplace rules and regulations.
- The ability to influence and sustain relationships with staff, customers and contractors.
- Competitive remuneration and paid overtime.
- Flexi-time which provides an excellent work-life balance, so you can enjoy what the Waikato has to offer.
- A fantastic employee-led Training and Development Programme.
- An engaging Leadership Team who will support and nurture your career.
If this sounds like you, please express your interest in the role by clicking ‘Apply Now’ and attaching a copy of your CV and covering letter.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position
This is an ongoing vacancy and suitable candidates will be contacted within 5 business days.
Please note that BTW company is closed for the holiday period from 1pm 24th December and will reopen on January 6th 2020 – applications received during this period will reviewed once we reopen in the new year.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity or for a copy of the job description, please phone Cam Twigley – Director Planning and Environment on 027 454 4886 or email email@example.com