Historical buildings are vanishing from our city skylines due to earthquake prone standards, housing shortages, modern designs or age and integrity of the buildings.
BTW’s Scan-to-BIM service is a great tool for building owners to digitally capture highly detailed data of their assets.
Asset owners can:
- Turn this data into virtual tours of existing buildings with Virtual Reality (VR).
- Produce 2D plans of the internal and external areas and dimensions accurately.
- Provide models to Architects, Structural Engineers and Designers for the design of retro-fit plans or extensions.
- Utilise the data for off-site pre-fabrication or project planning.
- Share the model with off-shore partners.
These images of the Cambridge Town Hall compare a highly accurate, surveyed 3D Point Cloud data vs the 3D Model generated by our in house geospatial field and office teams.
The level of detail modelled can vary from a simple outline through to the finer details of architraves, street furniture, wordings and materials.
If you would like to generate an accurate 3D model of your asset, get in contact with our BTW Geospatial team. firstname.lastname@example.org
#BIM #VR #modelling #architecture #assetmanagement #pointcloud #waikato #taranaki #surveying #geospatial #preservinghistory